WHAT IS THE FRANIGENA PASSPORT?
The Francigena Passport is a document certifying that the person who holds it is doing a pilgrimage to a place of worship. It's a kind of "identity card" that the pilgrim must complete during the journey, to testify the journey and remember it.
WHAT IS THE FRANCIGENA PASSPORT USEFUL FOR?
- it guarantees the authenticity of your pilgrimage.
- it identifies you as a pilgrim.
- it provides access to the pilgrims hostels.
- it allows to receive a certification of the journey from the competent religious authority.
HOW TO USE THE FRANCIGENA PASSPORT
The Francigena Passport consists of two parts:
- a part that the pilgrim has to complete at the beginning of the journey with personal details: name, full address, starting place and date, destination, means of transport (walking,cycling or horse). The arrival date and the stamp of the holy place reached will be recorded at the end of the pilgrimage by the competent religious authority. The document is valid only if signed.
- a part where stamps will be ffixed, attesting to the passage in various locations with the date (the stamp of the destination of each stage is sufficient). Stamps are only valid when fixed by official offices (municipal offices, police etc), religious offices, and associations responsible for pilgrims' hostels.
HOW TO OBTAIN THE FRANCIGENA PASSPORT IN LUCCA
The Francigena Passport can be requested, in Lucca, at
- Tourist Information Office c / o Vecchia Porta San Donato - Piazzale Verdi (phone 0583 583150 - firstname.lastname@example.org), open every day from 9.00am to 7.00pm from April 1st to October 31st and from 9am: 00 to 17:00 from November 1st to March 31st.
- Fancigena Entry Point via dei Bacchettoni, 8 bulwark San Salvatore. (phone: 0583 496554 - 0583 493825 - email@example.com) Open from April to November every day from 10:00 to 18:00 From December to March open on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 to 18:00 .
- Arciconfraternita Misericordia di Lucca, piazza san Salvatore. Open every day from 8:00 to 19:00.
In the stretch of Lucca pilgrims can request the credential in the following points:
Camaiore c/o URP office of the Municipality (piazza S. Bernardino). tel. 0584 986202
Pietrasanta c/o - URP office of the Municipality (piazza Matteotti). tel. 0584 795234 N. B. This office only affixed the stamp.
Altopascio c/o - Biblioteca Comulae (Piazza Ospitalieri). tel. 0583 - 216525.